a cry towards the absurd

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.Camus
mail list ° site map ° @  

existentialism ° art ° poetry ° exquisite corpse ° chat ° search engine
( the cry ) Philosophy Discussion Board

Re: the killing context

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [(the cry) philosophy discussion board]

Posted by Spencer on Sunday, March 30, 2003 at 16:12:26 :

In Reply to: the killing context posted by mutemaler on Sunday, March 30, 2003 at 03:57:37 :

I am not exactly sure how you want me to be clearer. We are dealing with a terroristic, genocidal dictatorship that has takes over countries and shoots missiles at Israel (See my post "Absolutely!" a few posts down for further explanation.). The sacrifice that is being made is that some innocent people accidentally get killed, but a great, great many more will be saved. By doing nothing, a tremendous amount of death would be allowed, even if people pretend that that is not the case. Hussein has weapons of mass destruction already, and when he reaches the point of destructability that he deems his maximum (probably nuclear), millions of Americans (and others) will die. If we just sit here, smoke pot, and listen to John Denver records while blocking reality out of our minds, we will be allowing astronomical death. I don't want to roll those dice. Hitler needed to be battled for similar reasons. He wanted to take over the world. Had it not been for our great military, he would have. I don't know what else would have stopped him.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link
URL:

thecry!!! existentialism