a cry towards the absurd

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.Camus
mail list ° site map ° @  

existentialism ° art ° poetry ° exquisite corpse ° chat ° search engine
( the cry ) Philosophy Discussion Board

Re: A morally just war?

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [(the cry) philosophy discussion board]

Posted by trablano on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 at 10:21:17 :

In Reply to: Re: A morally just war? posted by LaughingCow on Wednesday, March 19, 2003 at 02:43:15 :

I think war can be just only from certain perspectives. The one who attacks is almost always on the unjust side, attacking to prevent crimes just doesn't produce justice beforehand.

But what is really justice? I think justice seeks to bring back balance, ideally it doesn't even punish but does only try to make good the harm that's been done. If humans would adhere to that as a principle of responsibility this world would be a much better place. Think about it.

But as it is, all we have is at best compromises. I hope that the upcoming war against the Iraq will not destroy the good world climate. I wouldn't want to live in a world where wars are imminent all the time.

War climate ... I definetly don't like it, people often get so unjust and nationalistic then, which makes them so ugly.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link
URL:

thecry!!! existentialism