a cry towards the absurd

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.Camus
mail list ° site map ° @  

existentialism ° art ° poetry ° exquisite corpse ° chat ° search engine
( the cry ) Philosophy Discussion Board

Re: hello everyone

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [(the cry) philosophy discussion board]

Posted by grayson on Thursday, February 13, 2003 at 04:39:35 :

In Reply to: Re: hello everyone posted by Wordsmith on Wednesday, February 12, 2003 at 03:05:56 :

so what exactly are you laying on the table julia? that since there is so much misery in the world that means that there is an equal amount of happiness because of this dualism? maybe this is the case but does that mean there is a 50/50 split within each one of us or can that mean total happiness. maybe the bliss felt the ignorant who are too afraid to examine their own existence is where all the happiness lies. there will always be those people and they will always be happy to sail along in life in the "they" as Heidegger would call it. i dont see how an existentialist would get around a certain amount of nihilism and pessimism once all is examined. that does not mean that one must be purely pessimistic but it seems to me happiness is harder to come by for an existentialist. to me this is much more prefered than being clueless. let me know if im going at this with the right angle or if i have misunderstood you completely.

grayson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link
URL:

thecry!!! existentialism