a cry towards the absurd

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.Camus
mail list ° site map ° @  

existentialism ° art ° poetry ° exquisite corpse ° chat ° search engine
( the cry ) Philosophy Discussion Board

hello everyone

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [(the cry) philosophy discussion board]

Posted by Julia on Wednesday, February 12, 2003 at 02:55:09 :

hello gang,

i dont understand why people make such a big fuss about existentialism and mix it with nihilism -- i think it is a result of fear to accept responsibility.
however, this idea of congingent conception of each of us coming with a helpful hand of chance, the theory of probability, to this cold world to tear our hearts to bloody something in the ignorant crowd of the same poor human beings.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
and what we are after this?? a gang of pessimists i believe. of course sartre, camus, becket, and sometimes rilke (opposite to his poetry, his prose is terrible by the way in terms of literature) were right, but weren't they examining just one side of the coin?
i believe that this world (at least outside one) is highly dualistic. and the same as there is day and night,a man and a woman, cold and heat, there is a certain amount of joy to the same amount of tears.....
just like in physics: nothing appears from nowhere --for each negative particle there is a positive one... WHAT DO YOU THINK< EXISTENTIALISTS? <ging> <ging> :))

julia

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link
URL:

thecry!!! existentialism