a cry towards the absurd

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.Camus
mail list ° site map ° @  

existentialism ° art ° poetry ° exquisite corpse ° chat ° search engine
( the cry ) Philosophy Discussion Board

Re: I hate school

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [(the cry) philosophy discussion board]

Posted by Matt on Tuesday, February 04, 2003 at 16:06:45 :

In Reply to: Re: I hate school posted by Spratley on Monday, February 03, 2003 at 20:08:45 :

brilliant advice thanks, you really do know what goes through my mind! I guess cos you've been there...

and yeah the biggest thing is that i see school as having two paths, as you said, staying on track or derailment. I derailed myself a few months ago, ran away from school and home spur of the moment and just got a train up country, out of pure boredom and frustration. It didnt work entirely, but it felt good for a few hours knowing that i was in the process of throwing my future away - but more than that, TAKING CONTROL OF MY LIFE, whether the effects would be positive or negative.

Anyway im gonna crawl through my a-levels (i do psychology, philosophy + ethics, english lit and french which keeps me about as enthusiastic as is possible for school), and see if Uni is better

of course by then i'll either have my world-famous band on the go or my bestselling books flying off the shelves :P

we'll see....

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link
URL:

thecry!!! existentialism