a cry towards the absurd

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.Camus
mail list ° site map ° @  

existentialism ° art ° poetry ° exquisite corpse ° chat ° search engine
( the cry ) Philosophy Discussion Board

Proofreading pays!

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [(the cry) philosophy discussion board]

Posted by Wordsmith on Saturday, December 21, 2002 at 18:12:35 :

In Reply to: I did, and it doesn't respond to anything. posted by Joe on Saturday, December 21, 2002 at 00:35:58 :

: I never claimed we never provided arms or aid to Afghanistan. Everyone knows we supported them on at least two occasions. If anything, that support should make them less likely to attack us. Your comment was:

: "If the U.S. doesn't want to get bombed then it should get out of other people's land and stop interfering in their lives."

: Is it your position that we should immediately terminate foreign aid to all Arab states - i.e. get out of their country as you define it?

: I just observed that not "being in" someone's country is obviously not enough to prevent being bombed. If you don't believe me, don't take my word for it. It's not like Al Quaeda and the PLO aren't saying the exact same thing. Why do you candy-coat the hatred of these people and dress it up as simply a geopolitical dispute? Don't you at least occaionally get disgusted when you look in the mirror?

: Joe

"Everyone knows"??? Who's "everyone", Joe?

W : )

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link
URL:

thecry!!! existentialism