a cry towards the absurd

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.Camus
mail list ° site map ° @  

existentialism ° art ° poetry ° exquisite corpse ° chat ° search engine
( the cry ) Philosophy Discussion Board

Learning "Anitah-speak"

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [(the cry) philosophy discussion board]

Posted by Joe on Saturday, December 21, 2002 at 00:25:54 :

In Reply to: Re: Here's a tip: McCarthyism isn't fascism. posted by Anitah on Friday, December 20, 2002 at 22:31:29 :

I can't put into words how utterly ridiculous you sound. I never claimed and the quote I used never suggested that no fascist ever existed within the United States. Your post just doesn't mean anything. Yet you seem to stridently believe that you proved fascism came to America because someone you see as a fascist existed in America. By that 3rd grade reasoning, communism, nazism, anarchism, syndicalism, corporatism and libertarianism are all currently in America because I can assure you representatives of each of these once walked on US soil.

Even if my point was that the United States has never had a fascist (an obviously untrue point that no one would ever make) McCarthy, for all his faults wasn't fascist, at least as the rest of the world uses that term. You butcher language so much, I don't know what you think it means, but fascism doesn't mean "mean", "intolerant", "a zealous pursuer of dissenters", or "someone who insults those who disagree". Sorry but the United States has never adopted a fascist government. Europe has. I didn't expect this to generate such opposition. If anything, my point was so obvious as to be trite.

I'll only repeat that you are incapable of rational thought. In "Anitah world" distinguishing between justified and not justified does not mean "moralizing", giving financial aid is in fact the same as occupying a country and McCarthy, who died entirely discredited, unknown to everyone in the country, actually ushered in a fascist era.

Words don't just mean things because you zealously insist that they do.

And, in case conformity to reality still means anything to you, there are exactly no similarities between my politics and fascism. Again, I'm using that word to mean, well, fascism. If it means insulting to people who seem to rant interminably, then I guess I am fascist. And if chair means table, I guess chairs are tables. I'm still trying to learn Anitah-language.

Joe

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link
URL:

thecry!!! existentialism