a cry towards the absurd

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.Camus
mail list ° site map ° @  

existentialism ° art ° poetry ° exquisite corpse ° chat ° search engine
( the cry ) Philosophy Discussion Board

Re: silence

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [(the cry) philosophy discussion board]

Posted by Anitah on Friday, December 20, 2002 at 18:04:03 :

In Reply to: Re: silence posted by Wordsmith on Friday, December 20, 2002 at 17:47:24 :

I think this statement already explains it.

Anarchy = "No one has power over anyone, there is no central authority, no law, no enforcement. Society itself deals with the problem in its own way without resorting to a higher authority or a gun to protect them."

Society is simply a gathering of people.

: : You're right trablano. The most effective way to deal with a prick in the house is to throw him out of the house. In the absense of the power to do that, the only other way is to ignore and shun him until he realizes that he can't get the reaction he wants, and then either elects to adjust his behavior or leave on his own accord.

: : To me this is a good illustration of how anarchy works. No one has power over anyone, there is no central authority, no law, no enforcement. Society itself deals with the problem in its own way without resorting to a higher authority or a gun to protect them.

: But in a state of anarchy there *is* no society. What do you mean by "anarchy"?

: Wordsmith *confused*

:
: : : There's only one way to deal with a prick, it's to throw him out of the house. Since we can't do this we have to live with it. I suggest being silent about Joe from now on, simply don't reply to him anymore, to my posts he doesn't reply anyway.

: : : : But I think it has to be a mutually agreed upon thing. I am not a good Christian. I don't turn the other cheek very well. Someone hits me, I'll hit them back. I consider sticking up for myself to be nobler than ignoring the bastard tossing missles at me. Even though I see the futility and that folly in continuing to respond to it.

: : : : That's all I'll say. I'll try to leave this thread to the topic at hand --why America did not finish the job in Iraq originally, and why it wants to now.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link
URL:

thecry!!! existentialism