a cry towards the absurd

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.Camus
mail list ° site map ° @  

existentialism ° art ° poetry ° exquisite corpse ° chat ° search engine
( the cry ) Philosophy Discussion Board

Last response then

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [(the cry) philosophy discussion board]

Posted by Joe on Friday, December 20, 2002 at 13:54:41 :

In Reply to: last message posted by trablano on Friday, December 20, 2002 at 02:55:50 :

I am quite familiar with foreign publications, and I am very familiar with at least some other countries' political affairs. I do take a certain pride in the US because the US has unquestionably accomplished quite a bit and has avoided the bouts with radicalism that have destroyed the European continent in recent history. It depends on the nature of the debate. My personal politics tend to the libertarian side so on domestic issues I tend to be very critical of how our government does much of anything. In the international arena, I view most of Europe as too idealistic, although understandably hesitant to use force in light of their own past. However, their aversion to force has caused them to adopt an equally ill-advised over-reliance on diplomacy. This is too much to discuss in much more detail here.

I won't go any further, but I'll add that the criticisms of the US I've read here strike me as extremely conclusory and ill-informed.

Joe

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link
URL:

thecry!!! existentialism