a cry towards the absurd

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.Camus
mail list ° site map ° @  

existentialism ° art ° poetry ° exquisite corpse ° chat ° search engine
( the cry ) Philosophy Discussion Board

Re: Sure they were.

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [(the cry) philosophy discussion board]

Posted by Anitah on Friday, December 20, 2002 at 02:22:17 :

In Reply to: Sure they were. posted by Joe on Friday, December 20, 2002 at 01:37:53 :

"only seems to land in Europe?"

Hello? Ever heard of McCarthyism?

Stop making an idiot of yourself. You are out of your league here.

: And our economy compares rather well right now, certainly to Germany's. Frankly, if Americans are unintelligent, we seem to develop an awfully high percentage of the world's goods - i.e. 50% of new drugs, the internet, etc. What good is purely speculative intelligence if it doesn't create anything?

: What exactly do we have to complain about? If anything, our problem is that we are spoiled rotten. Countries that are too politically active invariably are cesspools. Don't criticize political contentment as if it reflects brainwashing. Look around the world. Those countries that have 95% turn-out at elections generally have such high numbers because things are so bad that much is at stake. Politicians, like referees, do their job best when no one notices them. Radicalism, such as regularly infects Europe, is not a good sign. I don't know who said it, but a favorite quotation of mine observed the astronomical phenomena whereby fascism always seems to be descending on the US but only seems to land in Europe.

: Joe

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link
URL:

thecry!!! existentialism