a cry towards the absurd

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.Camus
mail list ° site map ° @  

existentialism ° art ° poetry ° exquisite corpse ° chat ° search engine
( the cry ) Philosophy Discussion Board

Very touching

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [(the cry) philosophy discussion board]

Posted by Joe on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 at 23:21:14 :

In Reply to: Re: distraction posted by Spratley on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 at 15:26:06 :

And when a woman is raped, I assume you take the position that she should analyze how she asked for it, what she did to encourage the attack, etc..

You know, the blacks in the south never asked themselves what they did to make the rednecks hate them, did they? Is this really the moral principle you want to make here? It sounds like kitch relativism that is supposed to impress people who don't think logically.

Another brilliant analogy and a morally repugnant position gussied up as empathy. You are as predictable as the tides, your understanding of militant Islam must approach zero if you believe what you just posted.

Although you probably don't care, I once dated a muslim, and let me tell you, there ain't a goddamn thing this country could have do except adopt sharia law to satisfy her family (she eventually severed contact with them). What is amazing about your error and the errors of many who agree with you is that these muslims are not ambiguous about their intentions. They have made it quite clear that they want to destroy us because we are infidels, flout islamic law, etc. Yet there are always gullible westerners who continue to candy-coat their positions as if its' just a mutual misunderstanding. I'll at least give Al Quaeda credit for being quite clear and honest about their zealous hatred of non-muslims. I'm not sure why some westerners need to be hit over the head with a brick to catch on.

Joe

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link
URL:

thecry!!! existentialism