a cry towards the absurd

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.Camus
mail list ° site map ° @  

existentialism ° art ° poetry ° exquisite corpse ° chat ° search engine
( the cry ) Philosophy Discussion Board

So you defend America?

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [(the cry) philosophy discussion board]

Posted by trablano on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 at 04:46:25 :

In Reply to: Another stupid screed. posted by Joe on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 at 01:06:46 :

Anitah enjoys critisizing HER country. And from what I gather about America's presence she does well in doing so. Also, she never "blathers" but most of the time presents interesting articles from another place. She does a good job at presenting such information, I think. Besides this, it's always better being a critic about one's country rather than a nationalistic supporter of it. Like egoism, nationalism can make someone very ugly in my view.

: You just don't give up, do you? And you call me pompous? Sorry to bully you so much. Next time you blather on against my country, I'll just post a weak "tell us what you really think" like Wordsmith. And next time you abuse the word "fascist" to get in a cheap, ass-backwards insult, I'll just post a friendly rejoinder with a happy face emoticon. Grow up, Anitah. Your little "Joe is being mean" posts are as tiresome as you find mine. I've not cared for you since I read your obnoxious politics, but unlike some people here, I have definitely responded substantively to your rants, and you have fled the field.

: Go ahead, tough girl, respond to my posts, and I promise to respond substantively. We'll see who does know what they're talking about, and who just blows on and on about censorship, attitude, bullying etc. to deflect from the fact that she has nothing to say.

: Joe

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link
URL:

thecry!!! existentialism