a cry towards the absurd

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.Camus
mail list ° site map ° @  

existentialism ° art ° poetry ° exquisite corpse ° chat ° search engine
( the cry ) Philosophy Discussion Board

before..

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [(the cry) philosophy discussion board]

Posted by Indira on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 at 01:00:35 :

In Reply to: my weak definition..and yours posted by Indira on Tuesday, December 17, 2002 at 00:37:06 :

to avoid arguments about freedom to kill, rape, steal things, etc:
although I do believe in anarchy, I don't think it could ever be a possibility for a society to live with it in order and peace.
institutions exist, and they regulate our actions and their consquences.
it would be impossible to pretend that all individual would act out of respect and love, and let them do whatever they please. that is what institutions are for, law, govmts, and the rest.
there is a possible debate on the role governments play in foreign countries affairs, and the influence they should have on them, but to argue about the possibility of an anarchic society would be a complete waste of time.

as long as we can tell the difference between a cafe and a rollercoaster, everything's fine.
joe apparently wants to have his pHD at thecry, and spratley wants to become thecry's mother theresa of calcuta..with a touch of father ingals and saddam husein, well..no..humans..humans..

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link
URL:

thecry!!! existentialism