a cry towards the absurd

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.Camus
mail list ° site map ° @  

existentialism ° art ° poetry ° exquisite corpse ° chat ° search engine
( the cry ) Philosophy Discussion Board

Re: No, I'm having fun.

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [(the cry) philosophy discussion board]

Posted by Anitah on Monday, December 16, 2002 at 19:51:12 :

In Reply to: No, I'm having fun. posted by Joe on Sunday, December 15, 2002 at 21:49:01 :

: You are right, though. If I was as bothered by the posts here as I let on, I wouldn't have come back. I guess I do get a rise out of badgering people. Certain pseudo-psychiatrists here have made asses out of themselves trying to diagnose me, but the reality is that I have a pet peeve about the kind of "debate" that goes on here. Philosophy is a completely unread and unstudied branch of knowledge these days (compare it to the "New Age" section of your local Barnes & Noble) largely because the touchy-feely, "who really know anything" crap that is all too prevalent here has made philosophical study irrelevant. Oddly but honestly, I think I take this subject more seriously than those who just think constant brain-storming means something. Debating philosophy or anything else without a firm commitment to certain rules of thought is like playing a football game without any rules. By definition, there is no way to win and only a fool would get on the field. Too many modern so-called philosophers have been desperately seeking truth while they steadfastly maintain that no truth is possible. You tell me how one should respond to this abuse of the subject if not with a dismissive attitude.

: Joe

Baaah shaddup.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link
URL:

thecry!!! existentialism