a cry towards the absurd

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.Camus
mail list ° site map ° @  

existentialism ° art ° poetry ° exquisite corpse ° chat ° search engine
( the cry ) Philosophy Discussion Board

Re: A goofy thesis, but at least a relevant topic

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [(the cry) philosophy discussion board]

Posted by trablano on Sunday, December 15, 2002 at 02:32:26 :

In Reply to: A goofy thesis, but at least a relevant topic posted by Joe on Saturday, December 14, 2002 at 18:43:09 :

Joe, I know that a writer makes his writing his own by the use of adverbs and adjectives. I think I gather most of you out of your adjectives and adverbs then. If I may give you an advice ... show less of your oppinion, you make yourself a troll almost automatically because of that. I absolutely don't see why you had to make your fun of Wordsmith or Spratley here. I'm not the right audiency for it.

: No treblano, if that is your real name, I think many things have survived history aside from art, some excellent lessons about politics and economics, to name just two. History has not been kind to Leftist ideologies.

: As for the rationality of music, emotions are not separate entities from our reason. Emotions, like anything else, can be rational or irrational. Music, if harmonious, follows very rational laws that appeal to our emotions, much as our emotions react rationally to many things in life. Grief over a lost loved one is quite rational. Anger at someone buying multiple items in front of you at the grocery store is not. Believing Spratley to be an odd bird is a rational emotion. Believing Wordsmith to be a person who can stand on his own two feet rather than just appending short suffixes to the posts of others is not.

: The separation of the emotional from the rational faculties, in my opinion*, is one of the biggest mistakes people make.

: Joe

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link
URL:

thecry!!! existentialism