a cry towards the absurd

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.Camus
mail list ° site map ° @  

existentialism ° art ° poetry ° exquisite corpse ° chat ° search engine
( the cry ) Philosophy Discussion Board

Re: For the record

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [(the cry) philosophy discussion board]

Posted by gotyournumberpal on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 at 20:21:11 :

In Reply to: For the record posted by Spratley on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 at 11:43:42 :

You're making some big assumptions. Never assume anything about a person that can't be verified by their actions. I don't know that he's in pain and neither do you. The only thing we know from his behavior is that he likes to inflict pain. Maybe you don't understand the pathology of a sociopath. They have no feelings. It is because they feel no pain and no empathy that they seek stimulation from the only thing that excites them, which is violence. The more you respond the more you give him an excuse to act out that urge, and this only stimulates his craving for more.

You're playing with fire.

Perhaps your intellect and time would be better served by analyzing the conditions of the society that breeds the serial bully behaviors coming to light through the Internet.

: : I don't know why Spratley bothers to give you so much of his attention. You are easily identifiable as a discussion board troll who will continue to bait an argument until people have the sense not to bite.

: : The only remedy for you is to send you on your way to a psychiatrist. You've got serious problems pal.
: --------------------------------------------
: For the record, I continue to bother with him for two reasons. One, I am very interested in this phenomenon of discussion board trolls. I don't understand them, but want to. Two, I want to help. What Joe does obviously (to me at least) comes from pain. He hurts, so his world tends to look ugly, and he wants to hurt others. I am obviously very bad at it, but I'd like to help him not hurt.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link
URL:

thecry!!! existentialism