a cry towards the absurd

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.Camus
mail list ° site map ° @  

existentialism ° art ° poetry ° exquisite corpse ° chat ° search engine
( the cry ) Philosophy Discussion Board

Re: p.s. spratley..

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [(the cry) philosophy discussion board]

Posted by Spratley on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 at 11:51:19 :

In Reply to: p.s. spratley.. posted by I/ on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 at 15:19:58 :

: I will answer your post on women/philosophy, etc, when I recover from my present cold.
: :)
------------------------------
No need to respond to the women/philosophy post if you are not totally into it. I think we reached an unbridgeable impasse, and I didn't exactly like the tone I was devolving into. I would sooner leave it as we left it and forget the topic completely for the time being.

As for your take on the zeitgeist, I would suggest that you might see things differently if you expanded the scope of your vision about it. In other words, I don't agree that 50 years ago a small group could make a significant change, and I don't agree that an individual has to feel impotent. The nature of the first disagreement, I think, lies in the difference of breadth of the perspective you and I are employing. And the nature of the second disagreement is in what kind of action an individual takes. One who clings to the Cultre and acts within it will most certainly feel impotent. One who simply forsakes that culture and does theri own thing, for their own small community may not. The reason being that if you walk away from a culture, how can it affect your spirit?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link
URL:

thecry!!! existentialism