a cry towards the absurd

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.Camus
mail list ° site map ° @  

existentialism ° art ° poetry ° exquisite corpse ° chat ° search engine
( the cry ) Philosophy Discussion Board

Are you?

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [(the cry) philosophy discussion board]

Posted by Spratley on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 at 11:40:57 :

In Reply to: Are you trying to be a caricature? posted by Joe on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 at 00:24:22 :

Seriously. That's what I've been trying to figure out. Your behavior is so extremely intolerant and disrespectful, I find myself wondering if you're serious and like that all the time or if you're playing a part.

So, am I trying to be a caricature? YES!!! When someone throws around flip, sarcastic bulshit, I like to treat it as if its totally serious and straight shooting.Better than getting bent out of shape about it in an angry way.

The one message I'd love to impart to you --everything you accuse others of, you are guilty of yourself. Call someone a loser. . . you'd only do that because you are one yourself. Tell someone their blather is ridiculous and worthless. . . that in itself is ridiculous and worthless. Tell someone you want to understand what they mean but you are having difficulty. . . then you are a considerate, empathetic person worthy of knowing more about. Oh, but I've probably lost you already.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link
URL:

thecry!!! existentialism