a cry towards the absurd

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.Camus
mail list ° site map ° @  

existentialism ° art ° poetry ° exquisite corpse ° chat ° search engine
( the cry ) Philosophy Discussion Board

Re: What?

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [(the cry) philosophy discussion board]

Posted by shane on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 at 04:42:20 :

In Reply to: What? posted by Joe on Wednesday, December 11, 2002 at 00:35:28 :

joe, im not sure i catch what you are trying to say. my point is that adhering to pre-existing doctrine seems 2 dimensional..it basically covers 1. im a human being 2. i live...im unaware of any philosophy that considers the random experience each one of us has.. variables such as religious upbringing, family situation, peak experiences,happenstance.. etc... it seems that the individuals circumstance is as unique as our dna and cannot be generalized. or rounded up to the closest related ideaology....i dont think any two people should can be in the exact same headspace...

: I'm going to need the all-wise Spratley's help on this. What the hell does this mean?:

: "i see us each having such a unique collective experience...that it is hard for me to understand how we can settle on a common plane in self understanding. "

: Yeah, I know. It's his 5th language, grammar, syntax and punctuation don't mean anything, and I probably know the gist of this anyway. This moronic babbling is my fault.

: Joe

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link
URL:

thecry!!! existentialism