a cry towards the absurd

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.Camus
mail list ° site map ° @  

existentialism ° art ° poetry ° exquisite corpse ° chat ° search engine
( the cry ) Philosophy Discussion Board

social pyramid namedropping

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [(the cry) philosophy discussion board]

Posted by shane on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 at 07:26:08 :

in these posts i notice alot of references to one great thinker or another... i understand the role these people have played in opening up possibilities...but at the end of the day ..do we not all have individual psychology and situation that leaves the answers in one place only..within ourselves. i often feel that it is a setback in self discovery to homogenize our ideas to great common denominators(insert name here) .after all is read, said and experienced..do we not still have to connect the dots within our own psyche? i sometimes wonder if it only procrastinates self discovery to study what the "jones' " have concluded. for example, the "observer dependent" perceptions of nuclear physics. i feel that jung only unraveled jung a bit. and that freud only discovered himself. to me, the "great thinkers" greatest service to humanity had more to do with the social acceptance of self-exploration than the essays / text they left behind.

then again, i view our society as a pyramid scheme of convincibility ...the most convincing on top. what is the popular opinion?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link
URL:

thecry!!! existentialism