a cry towards the absurd

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.Camus
mail list ° site map ° @  

existentialism ° art ° poetry ° exquisite corpse ° chat ° search engine
( the cry ) Philosophy Discussion Board

Re: zeitgeist

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [(the cry) philosophy discussion board]

Posted by shane on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 at 06:44:13 :

In Reply to: zeitgeist posted by trablano on Monday, December 09, 2002 at 08:43:36 :

i can only say what i feel...we are living in such a saturated society. there is a loss of dynamics. my awareness is threatened by the constant assault of stability by the corporate systems constant fear/resolution tricks, from the same blueprint that the church designed. people living near train tracks eventually dont hear trains go by. some of us want to drive the train. some of us just live by the tracks. i think we are experiencing a social divide between those who need to defend their ego and those who do not. we are all operating in "pain avoidance " mode. the quiet you are speaking of...is it indifference?......or do you think the process of uniting nations is unnatural? having clearly defined enemies has been the religious/political angle since day 1. perhaps it isnt in the fabric of our beings to have peace...especially when we know that the quiet always comes before the storm. no real answers...just empathy

: I must confess that I'm deaf to the Zeitgeist we live in. Can someone tell me about the time we live in? This century ... it feels like a big nothing to me. There seems to be nothing going on. So many people seem to have gone inwards, the whole planet seems to spin inwardly now, nothing has remained moving on the outside. It's too damn quiet, at least here in europe.

: I think back in the cold war there's at least been a tension between the east and the west. In my stance even the hope that the two perspectives could one day melt for the better of all. Hey, in the 1960's people hoped we could have space travel around 2000, they expected us to colonize the moon around this time. Where have we gotten?

: Did ever a generation fulfill the expectancies of its former generation? Has any idol ever fulfilled his promises?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link
URL:

thecry!!! existentialism