a cry towards the absurd

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.Camus
mail list ° site map ° @  

existentialism ° art ° poetry ° exquisite corpse ° chat ° search engine
( the cry ) Philosophy Discussion Board

I'm waiting...

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [(the cry) philosophy discussion board]

Posted by W on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 at 00:12:36 :

In Reply to: Re: What happened to Anitah? posted by Spratley on Monday, December 09, 2002 at 19:31:57 :

: Marking instances where you engage in unqualified derision do not count as offering "insight" into that derision. I am asking "why" questions, Joe. Not where questions. If I was not perceptive enough to notice where you deride and condescend why would I have proposed the investigation?

: So, observation number two --Joe sacrifices cogency and comprehensibility for his attempts to spit, stab and strike at that which he sees as valueless. Now there's soemthing interesting --someone who participates in a so-called philospphy discussion board, and protrays himself as somehow mentally superior, and yet he appears to have less grasp of the organization of ideas than those that he derides as inferior to himself. Okay, let's formulate that into a postulate: Joe accuses others of being intellectually remiss despite being remiss himself, which leads one to suspect that it is not the intellectual value of other's activities here which Joe objects to, but something else. But what. . . Hey! We really are getting somewhere with this. And all without Joe's help. Still, I wish he'd participate in this. . . it will be so much more difficult to get to the bottom of this without his help. Sure you don't want to drop the supercilious facade and take a real look at yourself, Joe?

: Word, since you seem tobe the only other person interested in this project of mine, do you have anything to add on the Personality Study of the Supercilious Derider?

...for him to go into more detail which, one can only hope, he'll soon do.

Wordsmith : )

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link
URL:

thecry!!! existentialism