a cry towards the absurd

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.Camus
mail list ° site map ° @  

existentialism ° art ° poetry ° exquisite corpse ° chat ° search engine
( the cry ) Philosophy Discussion Board

Re: Absolutes

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [(the cry) philosophy discussion board]

Posted by Wordsmith on Friday, November 29, 2002 at 16:24:10 :

In Reply to: Re: Absolutes posted by ELDRAS on Friday, November 29, 2002 at 12:54:32 :

: from eldras:

: Ta wordsy.

:
: No news of your cd which is rumoured to have gone to a realative in CA then to Ireland.

*LOL* So my album is getting the Grand Tour, huh? I'm displeased your family has not let you hear it yet. I mean, it was intended for you, Eldras.

: sentrise, was a description of the precursors to motion.

Pre-motion!

: Things are only tendencies I hold.

That sounds like Bergson.

: Awe I work too hard and loose my edge in fdebate. i should ease up have yo seen lord of thre Rings yet> Just up ur street i'd think

I saw the first one and will be first in line for *The Two Towers*. See you at the movies!!

Wordsmith : )

: Ta Salutant!

: ELDRAS
: : : from eldras:

: :
: : :
: : : I pondered this for years.

: : : I conclude there is only one absolute possible. Because to know of another is to have contact with it, which is to change it. therefore it can not be an absolute.

: : : There ARE laws. And these hold for a while.

: : : Everything's relative.

: : : i think you may find you arrive at tow questions:

: : : what is 'difference' and what are parameters.

: : : then on to what are the fundamental forces in the cosmos, and how do they function?

: : Does "sentrise" (sp?) enter into the equation at some point? (I recall your using
: : that word long ago.)

: : Wordsmith : )

:
: : : Ta Salutant!

: : : ELDRAS
: : : : At the present time i don't know ?
: : : : But after 2 seconds i have a different point of vue with my first question ?

: : : : : The only absolute is there are no absolutes;
: : : : : discuss

: : : : : I once sat under a tree for many hours contemplating this, even perhaps realizing it. I do not necessaryily agree with this now in light of certain experiences I have had, but they could be explained in terms of psychology. Anyway - anyone got any thoughts?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link
URL:

thecry!!! existentialism