a cry towards the absurd

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.Camus
mail list ° site map ° @  

existentialism ° art ° poetry ° exquisite corpse ° chat ° search engine
( the cry ) Philosophy Discussion Board

Re: OW! my head hurts

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [(the cry) philosophy discussion board]

Posted by ryan on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 at 02:28:13 :

In Reply to: Re: OW! my head hurts posted by glass on Saturday, November 23, 2002 at 11:48:11 :

: something along those lines.

: just to clarify, i'm thinking about determinism on the physical level, not biological, social, etc. eg when two atoms interact in such and such a way only one outcome is possible, and so the result is necessary.

: actually... if my question doesn't make too much sense it might be because i'm not sure what i'm trying to ask. i spent a year or two studying existensialism (ala autodidact) but after that, i picked up a bit of cold hard determinism. i'm really just wondering how the two fit in together. last i checked, existensialism required God's nonexistence. but the existence of physical laws (eg universal gravitation) seems to substitute for that. so the two seem to be opposite as u described...

Soren Kirkegaard was a devout Christian. There is definately both atheistic existentialism and christian existentialism. so God isn't the main focus of existentialism. the main focus, it appears, is subjectivity.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link
URL:

thecry!!! existentialism