a cry towards the absurd

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.Camus
mail list ° site map ° @  

existentialism ° art ° poetry ° exquisite corpse ° chat ° search engine
( the cry ) Philosophy Discussion Board

Re: if there was something

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [(the cry) philosophy discussion board]

Posted by Lycinus on Friday, November 08, 2002 at 01:48:03 :

In Reply to: if there was something posted by Indira on Thursday, November 07, 2002 at 16:08:05 :

Indira,
Maybe you’ll appreciate this – maybe not. But anyway your thought reminded me of a song by Moenia called either “Manto Estelar” or “No Seria Ti” - I can’t remember which – but the lyrics are more or less as follows (sorry for the missing accent marks and punctuation – I’m not set up to do Spanish on this computer - which is to say I’m too lazy to figure out how to do it):
Si manana me perdiera
En un inmenso mar
Y la noche me cubriera
Con su manto estelar
Adonde volaria
Mi ultima oracion
El ultimo latido
De mi azul corazon
No seria ti, No seria ti
Esta vez no seria ti
No supiste dar lo que yo te di
No supiste ver lo que hay en mi
No seria ti, No seria ti
Esta vez no seria asi
Si tan solo un fragmento
Pudiera conservar
Una final memoria
Para recordar
A quien me llavaria
A mi destino astral
Hermosa compania
Para la eternidad
No seria ti, No seria ti
Esta vez no seria ti
No seria ti, No seria ti
Esta vez no seria asi
No, no seria ti
Call me mawkish and accuse me of bad taste in poetry and music, but I like those lyrics. Of course they are sad, especially reading into them lo que no dicen pero podemos inferirlo. Porque cuando piense en su “destino astral” piense en alguein a quien dice “No supiste dar lo que yo te di. No supiste ver lo que hay en mi” Dice “no seria ti” pero piense en ella cuando piense en la eternidad. Creo que quierre llevar consigo a su “destino astral” a una mujer que le hizo dano y no le ame - y el va a seguir amandola a pesar de que no quierre amarla. I like to think that my happiness in life should depend more on me than on others. But I’m with you – if I could choose one thing to rescue for eternity it would be human intimacy. Times are not always good – but then nor are they always bad.
Lycinus

“Return to your sober senses and recall yourself. When you have roused yourself from sleep and perceived that they were only dreams which troubled you, then in your waking hours look at the things about you as you looked at the dreams.” – Marcus Aurelius – writing to himself, no doubt – as he often did - winking at the abyss with wry wit.
: I could rescue from life/world for eternity, that would be plain intimacy between one person and another, or one person and whatever circumstance he/she's going through.
: what I dislike bout the present times, it's the tendence to describe almost everything, as a social/mental disability.
: I'm tired.
: panic is back, and it all looks bizarre again. hope delusions won't appear, and if they do, I won't stay to suffer em.
: I'm tired