a cry towards the absurd

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.Camus
mail list ° site map ° @  

existentialism ° art ° poetry ° exquisite corpse ° chat ° search engine
( the cry ) Philosophy Discussion Board

Brilliant rebuttal & analysis, Lycinus!!!!

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [(the cry) philosophy discussion board]

Posted by Obsolete Monarch on Thursday, November 07, 2002 at 05:24:48 :

In Reply to: Irrelevance of persoanl attacks - & other matters posted by Lycinus on Monday, November 04, 2002 at 22:33:06 :

Wow, I'm impressed! A superb posting! The internet is full of Loony Lefties, but it's quite rare that I come across a considered and rational response. You've demonstrated the triumph of dispassionate reason over the emotional, misinformed, internet rant.

Anitah has much to chew on, though I doubt she even finished reading your post. I suspect she is wed to her ideology with the same blind faith attributed to many extremists. If she is like the other far leftists I know (and being an artist, I'm friends with one or two), her contrarian outlook is a fundamental part of her identity. There will be no conversions here.

In a sense, I think folks like her suffer from a societal Munchousen's (sorry if I mangled the spelling) disorder. They gain a sense of potency and importance from feeling like they are fighting for the powerless. But they aren't interested in actually helping the powerless, because without the powerless, they are no longer necessary and important. Hmm, I think I'm on to something...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link
URL:

thecry!!! existentialism