|existentialism ° art ° poetry ° exquisite corpse ° chat ° search engine|
|( the cry ) Philosophy Discussion Board|
Posted by ELDRAS on Tuesday, November 05, 2002 at 03:04:50 :
It isn't a new idea, just new to me.
It's being debated on kutzweilai.net mindx.
But as i'm designing a brain myslef, and studying a closed sysytems, i probably HAVE failed to state things i guess I thought obvious, but aren't.
1. The universe follows laws. Nowhere in the universe is this untrue. Black holes are largely unknown, but they still have symmetry & predictability.
2. All systems in the universe are predictable and most are similar.
Drat I do find this obvious.
3. Cause & effect are absolute. Quantum mechanics has been returned to deterministic principles by the many worlds theory explanation of collapse or split of the universal wavelength.
4. There are heirachies, systems and sub systems.
5. There are cycles.
6. There is mutation/evolution and we can create this in artificial software ponds see the link then look ar Darwin Pond in the list.
What's happening there is bots are created on software and programmed to cross-breed for characteristics you define.
But another way of stating this is not that there is a purpose, but that it just happens.
Post a Followup