a cry towards the absurd

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.Camus
mail list ° site map ° @  

existentialism ° art ° poetry ° exquisite corpse ° chat ° search engine
( the cry ) Philosophy Discussion Board

social contract.

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [(the cry) philosophy discussion board]

Posted by Indira on Tuesday, November 05, 2002 at 01:11:08 :

In Reply to: This is really deep! posted by Joe on Friday, November 01, 2002 at 01:28:42 :

they are not considered as insane until they cannot perform any social useful task, until then, you can do whatever you please, and socially pay the consecuences (jail, money, honor) but when you stop being useful, like, you won't buy anything else, u cannot pay the rent, your family doesn't like you, or the amount of damage is higher than the amount of social benefits, you're just allolwed to be considered insane, locked up, or just labeled.
of course you can say that this is another stupid theory, which is true, specially if one dares to put it in this words, but think about for example mafia, any mafia, they are allowed to do just about anything, kill, rape, steal, judge, sentence, anything, and while you're under their law, nothing happens to you, most idiot countries like mine are ruled by mafia, any mafia, transport, steel industry, whatever shit is available, and theu are allowed to do anything, while they give the people some social benefits, like, a glass of milk a day for 1 percent of poor children that live in misery, or tennis shoes for the ones who suffered the flood, and their sins are washed away with almost no effort. if they commited the same actions under another law, countries's law, legal law, THE law, they would be processed and sentenced for life.
so, I think insanity is just another social agreement, that some people sign, some others donīt, some even include more chapters in it, (innovation is one of society's (p)s(y)ickest behavior)
ok, don't buy it? I don't blame you.
Indira

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link
URL:

thecry!!! existentialism