a cry towards the absurd

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.Camus
mail list ° site map ° @  

existentialism ° art ° poetry ° exquisite corpse ° chat ° search engine
( the cry ) Philosophy Discussion Board

Re: Well, this is the stupidest pile of crap I've ever read.

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [(the cry) philosophy discussion board]

Posted by Anitah on Sunday, November 03, 2002 at 21:08:45 :

In Reply to: Well, this is the stupidest pile of crap I've ever read. posted by Joe on Thursday, October 31, 2002 at 22:09:20 :

You need to do better than call people stupid to make a convincing argument for your side among intelligent people. Your post is chock full of sarcasm and ad hominems, while utterly lacking in substance. But you are not the only one on the right using these ploys to discount and belittle what other people have to say. It seems that this is a pattern that is becoming more and more recognizable as decidedly right wing and bigoted.

I thought you should know that this is what I see, lest you delude yourself into thinking that you are pulling the wool over everybody's eyes.

: I assume you'll be voting Republican next Tuesday, to reduce the size and power of the American government.

: I could pile this post with statistics regarding how well our "innocent civilians" are doing compared to any other country in the world, but I get the distinct impression you don't really care if you're right or wrong. Sadly, I fear you see yourself as sophisticated for adhering to the predictable, anti-American chic which so many people desperate for attention think distinguishes them from the great unwashed. Best of luck in your life of self-congratulation. The rest of us do actually know quite a bit about how the government, our economy and the international order works, and you sound like a complete idiot.

: Joe

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link
URL:

thecry!!! existentialism