a cry towards the absurd

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.Camus
mail list ° site map ° @  

existentialism ° art ° poetry ° exquisite corpse ° chat ° search engine
( the cry ) Philosophy Discussion Board

Re: Absolutely!!!

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [(the cry) philosophy discussion board]

Posted by Spencer on Wednesday, April 02, 2003 at 01:37:28 :

In Reply to: Re: Absolutely!!! posted by blimp on Wednesday, April 02, 2003 at 00:19:01 :

Your personal insults will never make up for your lack of intellect and intellectual honesty. Israel does not invade countries for imperialistic reasons. They have been getting attacked fundamentalist Muslims forever, and they defend themselves. China does not support terrorist groups that have specifically stated that they want to end all life in the United States and have already committed terrorist acts against the U.S. China has nuclear weapons, but I am not afraid they are going to start shooting them at the United States out or pure hatred. Saddam, on the other hand, would have (had it not been for this necessary war) pulled an all out death attack on the United States when he reached maximum destructability. You can bet the farm on that one. China does not have the world terrorism supporting problem Saddam has, and they are not out to kill us out of sheer hatred. Having taken over Kuwait in 1990 was not reason alone for this war. It is just a brick in the wall of illustrating the dangerous evil we are up against. I hope you see the difference. I am all for taking action to end China's human rights violations. Also, I never said that the United States committed its most historically important acts alone. I do thank Britain for their help in WWII, as well as France and Russia, and I thank every person and nation that helped us end the cold war. The problems in the Soviet Union you mentioned were its downfall, and they were greatly fueled by the arms race. It was part of Ronald Reagan's plan for achieving the greater good (a concept you don't quite get). Ronal Reagan gets the MVP award in that struggle. The United States had help in doing what it did in those situations, but we were by far the most important force in those actions. My point was that those events could not have happened without us. That is a fact. You just revealed to me that you are not an American. You should thank my country for keeping your planet from being taken over. You know that. I think it is the source of your jealousy. Instead of being thankful toward my country, you show hatred over the fact that my country can pull off so much great stuff. You were incorrect in saying that I am maniacally nationalistic. I greatly disagree with a lot of things my government has done. I am extremely outspoken against certain policies of my government. I do however, know that they are doing something very necessary right now. You will be much more aware of that in a few months, probably to the point that you will feel compelled to admit it. Just wait until the Iraqi people are having gigantic celebrations over their new freedom and the end of their holocaust. Many terrorist groups will be greatly weakened also. An important change in history is coming about, and I am happy for every life that will be saved and/or freed. I hope you will be a good enough person to feel the same way. Surprise me.

By the way, what country are you from?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link
URL:

thecry!!! existentialism