a cry towards the absurd

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.Camus
mail list ° site map ° @  

existentialism ° art ° poetry ° exquisite corpse ° chat ° search engine
( the cry ) Philosophy Discussion Board

Re: Not that I...

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [(the cry) philosophy discussion board]

Posted by Spencer on Monday, March 31, 2003 at 04:50:28 :

In Reply to: Re: Not that I... posted by blimp on Monday, March 31, 2003 at 00:24:40 :

I will play "chase the rationalization" with you some more. I get a kick out of it. My original question was a legitimate question that called for a legitimate anser -a or b. How was it rhetorical? Also, dropping the atomic bombs on Japan ended World War II, a war where 50 million people died. A few hundred thousand died from those bombings. Do you the the United States should have refrained from using those bombs and allowed the war (Remember: 50 million ALREADY dead) to continue? (That is another legitimate question. There are two possible answers- "yes" and "no.") I suppose you might throw some bizarre label at that question and avoid it also. However, in an attempt to keep you from veering off into further tangents and rationalizations, I will challenge you more directly to answer the questions. Pretend that you are taking a multiple choice test in school, and if you don't answer the questions, and instead comment on the questions, you fail the test.

1. What is your answer to my original question?
a.choice a
b.choice b

2. What is your answer to the yes/no question I presented you with in this post?
a.Yes.
b.No.

I challenge you to give your answers. Based on the way you have been arguing so far, I bet you will not find enough honesty in yourself to answer them. Surprise me.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link
URL:

thecry!!! existentialism