a cry towards the absurd

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.Camus
mail list ° site map ° @  

existentialism ° art ° poetry ° exquisite corpse ° chat ° search engine
( the cry ) Philosophy Discussion Board

Re: Absolutely!!!

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [(the cry) philosophy discussion board]

Posted by Spencer on Monday, March 31, 2003 at 03:15:35 :

In Reply to: Re: Absolutely!!! posted by blimp on Monday, March 31, 2003 at 00:08:01 :

First of all, go ahead and bring me to task on some of my "more bizarre" interpretations of history. I enjoy the learning process. Let me list some historical facts, and then maybe you will change your mind. Hitler did want to take over the world and have no non-Aryans on it. The Soviets did want to take over the world, and set out to do it. The United States ended both of these regimes,and you are damn lucky they did. Saddam Hussein did everything I listed. If this sounds bizarre to you, then you just think history is bizarre. Yes, it definately is. As for the notion that "morally just war" is a paradox, I disagree. Killing some to save a zillion is not only morally just, but also morally unjust to not do. The Western religious supposed (according to you) idea that all killing is bad is something I don't agree with. For one thing, I am an atheist. For another thing, the original text of the Bible did not say, "Thou shalt not kill." It was written in Hebrew, and the real interpretation is, "Thou shalt not murder." Murder is unjust killing. Self defense is not murder, and neither is blowing up a mall when doing so is the only way to kill a man who otherwise will unjustifiably shoot nuclear missiles at major cities in five minutes. Do you think that would be unjust? It would be unjust to allow him to unjustifiably shoot nuclear missiles at major cities. War is sometimes morally just.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
URL:
Title:
Optional Image Link
URL:

thecry!!! existentialism